- 1 can diced tomatoes, juice and all
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 c chicken broth (Knorr in a box)
- 1/4 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 6 small new potatoes, halved
- Salt + pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large-ish pot over med-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic, cook for 30-40 seconds. Add the rest of the chopped vegetables, sauteing for a couple of minutes. Add thyme and salt and pepper.
Transfer all that to the slow cooker, add tomatoes and chicken stock. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Add beans 15 mins before you want to serve to heat through. Serve in big bowls with crusty buttered bread.
I have no idea what this is like yet, but I’m going to try it tomorrow. Really, I doubt you can go wrong with this recipe.