A picture is worth a 1000 words

Microsoft 10 Comments

Here’s the compose mail UI from Apple’s Mail.app (this is how I use it every day):

Here’s what is apparently the compose mail UI from Microsoft’s upcoming Outlook 12:

10 Responses to “A picture is worth a 1000 words”

1. beltzner Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 11:47 am

I really want to see what the “Insert” tab looks like :)

2. beltzner Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 11:47 am

I really want to see what the “Insert” tab looks like :)

3. bi Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

This isn’t news to anyone, I suspect. :) Some time back I argued that Microsoft Word’s interface for entering mathematical formulae sucks huge boulders compared to LyX’s interface for the same.

4. bi Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 12:04 pm

5. bodensatz Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 8:01 pm

Well, my cheeky response was going to be a picture worth a thousand words – AAPL charted against MSFT. But I checked and 1 year rolling AAPL is up 50% over MSFT, 2 year rolling up 400%, and 5 year rolling even more!

It really is boggling how Microsoft manages to hang onto such a market share. Actually, no it isn’t. They were about to be split up in an antitrust suit when Bush took office and declared that the US gov’t had no interest in pursuing it. Somewhere out there is a statistic of how much Microsoft contributed to his campaign …

6. bodensatz Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 8:01 pm

7. Adam Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 10:37 pm

Technically, that’s 2 pictures, worth 2,000 words, and a comment.

8. Adam Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 10:37 pm

Technically, that’s 2 pictures, worth 2,000 words, and a comment.

9. dria Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 10:56 pm

Heh, it’s a fair cop. Smartypants.

10. dria Says:
    February 20th, 2006 at 10:56 pm

Heh, it’s a fair cop. Smartypants.