So I’ve been doing the EATracker daily diary/assessment for five days now. Here’s a rundown of the results.
- Fri, Jan 27: consumed 1002 calories and was low on every food group.
- Sat, Jan 28: consumed 1923 calories (yay for Wendy’s double cheeseburger combo), and was OK for Grains and Meats.
- Sun, Jan 29: consumed 1662 calories, and was OK for Dairy and Meat.
- Mon, Jan 30: consumed 1605 calories, and was OK for Dairy and Meat.
- Tues, Jan 29: consumed 1689 calories (I probably won’t eat again today), and was OK on Grain, Fruit/Vegetable, and Meat.
So, what was different today was that I went to the grocery store and was a bit more deliberate in my food choices. The list included: apricots, grapes, bok choy (x2), romaine lettuce, carrots, shitake mushrooms, garlic, ginger, lemon (x2), avocado (x3), dried apricots, raisins, yogurt, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, goat cheese (mm), and a big thing of cranberry juice.
Tonight’s dinner was stir fried chicken + bok choy (with shitake mushrooms) and short-grain organic brown rice (which we eat regularly now because it’s so friggin’ yummy). Dessert was an apricot! Yum.
Tomorrow I’ll have cereal with raisins for breakfast, a romaine/avocado salad for lunch with goat cheese and a lemon-balsamic dressing, yogurt, and then leftover chili for dinner. I’ll probably also eat a couple of apricots because they’re awesome.
We’ll have the pork on Thursday probably. Then we’re off to Montreal for the weekend where we’ll be eating relentlessly and utterly shamelessly for 48 hours (because that’s what Montreal is for). Mmf.
I need to find a good source of fish around here. I can get pretty much any meat I want within two blocks (quail, venison, rabbit, any cut of beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, duck, pheasant, etc), but the fish selection is atrocious. Sad, really, because I like seafood occasionally, I’ve just never had a ready source. Hrm.
I found another interesting site about food over here: The World’s Healthiest Foods. Yum.